And Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge,
With Ate by his side come hot from hell,
Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.
(William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar", Act III, scene 1)

zaterdag 12 januari 2008

There's strong... and there's Army Strong!

1. Naar de eindselectie geweest voor "The Hessen Affair". Daar vertel ik later wel wat meer over.

2. De "Enneagram of Personality"-test gedaan.

Type 1: -3
Type 2: 6
Type 3: -2
Type 4: 1
Type 5: -1
Type 6: -1
Type 7: -1
Type 8: 7
Type 9: -6


De hoogste score telt in dit geval. Bij mij dus Type 8, zijnde:
Type 8: The Leader. The powerful, aggressive type.

Meer uitleg (eigenlijk klinkt dit toch niet ècht zo positief)

The Asserter (the Eight)

Asserters are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective.

How to Get Along with Me

* Stand up for yourself... and me.
* Be confident, strong, and direct.
* Don't gossip about me or betray my trust.
* Be vulnerable and share your feelings. See and acknowledge my tender, vulnerable side.
* Give me space to be alone.
* Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don't flatter me.
* I often speak in an assertive way. Don't automatically assume it's a personal attack.
* When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that's just the way I am.

What I Like About Being a Eight

* being independent and self-reliant
* being able to take charge and meet challenges head on
* being courageous, straightforward, and honest
* getting all the enjoyment I can out of life
* supporting, empowering, and protecting those close to me
* upholding just causes

What's Hard About Being a Eight

* overwhelming people with my bluntness; scaring them away when I don't intend to
* being restless and impatient with others' incompetence
* sticking my neck out for people and receiving no appreciation for it
* never forgetting injuries or injustices
* putting too much pressure on myself
* getting high blood pressure when people don't obey the rules or when things don't go right

Eights as Children Often

* are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit
* are sometimes loners
* seize control so they won't be controlled
* fugure out others' weaknesses
* attack verbally or physically when provoked
* take charge in the family because they perceive themselves as the strongest, or grow up in difficult or abusive surroundings

Eights as Parents

* are often loyal, caring, involved, and devoted
* are sometimes overprotective
* can be demanding, controlling, and rigid

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

De 'Army Strong' is dan wel platte, pure Amerikaanse propaganda, maar één ding moet ik hen wel nageven: goeie muziek :)

'k Heb die test ook eens gedaan, en rara, wat was veruit de hoogste score? 'Type 5 - Thinker', jawel.
En ik moet zeggen dat de type-beschrijving op http://www.9types.com/descr/5/ eigenlijk wel fameus accuraat is...

Achja :p